Deciding on Surgery
Am I a candidate for weight loss surgery?
Weight loss surgery is an important decision, and it is not right for everyone. Please consult your doctor about your risk factors and find out if you are a candidate for surgery.
Surgery criteria includes:
- BMI greater than or equal to 40
- BMI greater than or equal to 35 with weight related health conditions such as:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Coronary heart disease
- Type II diabetes
- Degenerative joint disease
- High triglicerides
- High cholesterol
- Unsuccessful attempts to lose weight under medical supervision
- BMI between 30 and 34.9 may qualify for LapBand procedure